Spread the Word: Social Networking Sites
Please help increasing awareness about NPH USA and our work with Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH, Spanish for "Our Little Brothers and Sisters") to transform the lives of orphaned, abandoned and disadvantaged children in Latin America and the Caribbean!
AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
1. Save image file at right, named “buddy icon 100x100.jpg”
2. If you do not already have AOL Instant Messanger, you can download
3. Go to MENU on your AIM dashboard
4. Choose AIM
5. Choose Edit my Buddy Info
6. Under left side see your Buddy Icon picture choose Edit
7. Choose Upload Picture
8. Select the File name “buddy icon 100x100.jpg”
Follow and contribute to our blog
Visit our Facebook page
at the top!
Follow us on Twitter
Link the Heroes of Hope
video on social networking sites to help spread the word about NPH USA!
Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a9EiROjiw4
Video links on a Facebook page:
How do I link external content (e.g., videos and songs) to my profile?
There are four main ways to link external content to your profile:
- Click "Share Link" in the Publisher (the blank text box at the top of the page), which is located on your home page and on your profile. Enter a URL from an external site into the bar. Make changes if necessary and click "Post."
- Go to the Links page, enter a URL from an external site into the box in the right sidebar, and click "Post." Make changes if necessary, and select "Post."
- Find "Share on Facebook" links on partner websites. Clicking on those links will generate a Share Box in a pop up window, where you can select "Post to Profile" and click "Post."
- Go to the Links page and drag the "Share on Facebook" bookmarlet to your browser’s bookmarks bar. Whenever you are on a site and find something you'd like to share, click on the bookmarklet, select "Post to Profile, and click "Post."
As soon as you type the URL into the blank text box (on either the Home page or your Profile page), the “Heroes of Hope” title appears above the link, and a description also appears below. This information is pulled directly from YouTube. Click “Share” and the link is now posted.
Video Links on a Twitter Page:
Video Links on a LinkedIn profile:
- From your page, click the “Settings” link on the top right side of the page. You will see all of your account information. In the field named “More Info URL”, simply copy & paste the video’s URL into that field and click “Save”. The link will then be posted on your profile.
- Another way to include the link on your profile is to make it a “Favorite”. To do this, go to your Home page (in the top right of the page, click “Home” – not “Profile”). In the blank text box, copy & paste the video’s YouTube URL address. It will then appear as your most recent post. Then, when you hold your mouse over that update, a star will appear on the right side. Click the star, and it will “favorite this update”. Then, when a visitor on your page clicks your “Favorites”, the Heroes of Hope link will appear.
- When logged in to LinkedIn, click the “Edit my profile” tab. Under your name there is a list of current and past positions, education information, etc. There is a section named “Websites”. Click the edit button next to Websites to add a URL link to your profile. Simply copy & paste the Heroes of Hope YouTube link into the Website section, name the link, and click Save Changes. The link will now be posted on your profile page.