Can I create a custom Web site for my event or campaign?
Yes! We would be happy to help you with your campaign. Just contact us! If you already know what you want to do, request a Web page for your FUNdraiser.
What do I need to do to have a FUNdraiser event?
What will NPH USA provide?
- Consult with NPH USA’ staff
- Plan the event, including finding the venue
- Set goals for results
- Establish a budget for expenses
- Provide payment for expenses and/or find event sponsors
- Invite people and introduce them to Friends/NPH
- Raise money to support the vital needs (food, clothing, shelter, health care and an education) of the children at the NPH homes
- Promote the child sponsorship program
* Depends on the event location
- Staff support to help you organize the event
- Promotional assistance, including posting on our Web site, Facebook page and Twitter
- A registration and/or donation form on our Web site
- A keynote speaker*
- Informational materials to distribute at the event
- Child sponsorship materials
- Day of event volunteers*
Unfortunately, Friends cannot do the following for you:
What expenses should I expect?
- Find event sponsors for your event
- Set up a Facebook “widget” (due to privacy issues)
- Organize an online auction
- Pay for event expenses
An event will typically have expenses, such as printing and mailing invitations, purchasing refreshments, and renting a facility or audio/visual equipment. We suggest that your fundraising/expense ratio be 80/20 or better. For example, if your goal is to raise $1,000, you should have no more than $200 in expenses.
Why will Friends not pay for my event expenses?
NPH USA budgets only for specific events organized by our regional offices. We do not budget for FUNdraiser expenses and are therefore unable to contribute to or pay for those. We encourage you to try to find event sponsors and in-kind donors for your FUNdraiser.
What is an event sponsor?
An individual or organization who makes a monetary donation to pay for event expenses. Before you seek an event sponsor, you will first need to set a budget so that you know how much funding you need.
What is an in-kind donor? An individual or organization who will donate or offer a discount on the supplies and/or services you need for your event. This can include performances, food and beverages, and facility rental fees.
Finding event sponsors and in-kind donors for your event will result in even more financial support for Friends and the thousands of children we support at the NPH homes! Contributions of money, goods and services for FUNdraisers to benefit NPH USA are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Friends will provide a written acknowledgment of any gift for tax reporting purposes. Contact your Regional Manager of Special Events for more information.
What kind of event should I have?
That is entirely up to you. Do you want to have a formal or informal event? Will you invite only people you know, or will it be open to the public? The following pages contain examples of events, and the Questions to Consider section of the FUNdraisers Guide can help you plan your event. In addition, you may contact your Regional Manager of Special Events to discuss your ideas.
My child is interested in raising funds for Friends. Can he/she do that?
Yes! Supporters of all ages have had successful FUNdraisers for Friends. See our Ideas for Kids’ FUNdraisers.
May I raise funds for Friends without having an event?
Yes! You can launch a giving campaign without an event. See these pages for examples and ideas:
We would be happy to help you with your campaign. Just contact us! If you already know what you want to do, request a Web page for your FUNdraiser.